Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's Time

It's been a little over a year since I finished the fist draft of the manuscript. Since then, the project has mostly lain dormant. Sure, I've sent out a handful of queries to agents and publishers, but nothing like the degree of effort I put into actually researching and writing the book.

Part of that is because I have been going through major life change (divorce, career change, move to a different state) but a lot of it was because I just wasn't ready to face the project again. Among other things, I was angry at God -- more on that another time.

This past year was an experience like no other. I think I am through the worst of it. But I guess we never know. All I know for sure is that I right now have the opportunity to return to Southern Cross and make it better, and I am not sure when the next such opportunity will arise. So I'm going to take it and run...

No comments: